Sunday, June 19, 2011

What's in a Name, Part Deux

As this Father's day draws to a close, I feel grateful that I married someone who no matter what he may mean to me, I know he'll always be a great father to his son.  As someone who has not had a father in her life coming on 30 years, I can only hope that Scott will live a long life for Christopher's sake.  These past 15 months of being a parent, it has been strange and foreign to use the term Dad, Daddy & Father.   I have not uttered those words in a long time.  I don't even call my father in law "Father" or "Dad", as it is just too unfamiliar.  I sometimes wonder if they notice, or care.  Although even if they did ask me out right to call them Mom & Dad, I think I'd have to politely say it's just not something I can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment