Thursday, June 23, 2011

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny

Ok, since the crazy train hasn't rolled into my station lately, I guess I'll have to go back to the archives to keep up the fun.  About two years ago I was getting prepped to have a colonoscopy. And yes folks, if you haven't had one yet - watch out - it is a barrel of laughs and then some!  What a way to lose a couple of pounds.  As I'm sitting on the gurney in my oh so aesthetically pleasing medical gown, the nurse comes over to stick me with some needle so the good stuff can flow.  As she is examining my arms she belts out "my my, you have just the teeniest veins I've ever seen. I just don't know where I'm going to stick this needle.  You are just so teeny tiny!"  And she is beaming from ear to ear and I could of sworn she was getting ready to pinch my not so rosy cheeks.  So, for those who know me, know I am petite.  And hey, it has its advantages.  Can we say plenty of leg room on a plane, when disaster strikes no problem here crawling under a desk, and the best part - not so far to fall when I slip and fall on my you know what.  But as anyone who may be on the small side, being called "teeny tiny" isn't good. And it certainly isn't good when you are at your most vulnerable, in some itchy, polyester medical gown, about to prodded where no human should have to be prodded.  But considering she had the needle and I didn't, I just smiled back and counted to 10. My only solace was to think at the end of the day I would be home stuffing my face with some delectable food product and she would be spending the rest of her day looking up people's butts.  Victory is mine!

1 comment:

  1. "Well, they must have no problem finding your veins."

    ReplyDelete